The building closest to Graveyard Point became the school house after Rip Dam was built. This building was hauled up the hill and was situated to the left of the driveway that goes by the church. LeRoy Edwards had it torn down in 1951 as it presented a hazard. The Katadin View Lodge, currently owned by the Simmons Trust, is at the immediate left. This structure was later owned by Alice Cousins; it burned down, along with the third building from the right, in the mid 1980's and was rebuilt as a log cabin lodge. In this photo, Ripogenus Dam had not yet been built. There was still a cemetery at the point.